|10 cement blocks held together with only one Fortress carbon fiber strip (on bottom side only).|
Rock Solid Wall Reinforcements Using Advanced Carbon Fiber Technology
The Most Advanced Turnkey Reinforcement System Available Today
- Fortress is Committed to the R&D of Carbon Fiber as a Structural Reinforcement.
- Fortress Stabilization is a pioneer in developing products and procedures that will add new life to existing structures.
- Fortress tested different products, materials, epoxies, and application techniques in order to deliver the strongest, most durable and versatile structural reinforcements.
|The Pro Carbon fibers lay flat-to-the-wall allowing the surface to be easily painted over for a clean smooth look.|
Replace Steel with Carbon Fiber
Carbon fiber is a popular alternative to steel for reinforcing structural substrates in residential and commercial applications. Steel is often used to add tensile strength to concrete, but carbon is superior to steel because it is stronger, stiffer, and non-corrosive. Carbon fiber can be bonded to the surface of concrete structure at any time to stop bowing and cracking, allowing limitless applications for new construction, repair, retrofit, and seismic upgrades.
The History of Carbon Fiber
Until recently, carbon fiber was exclusive to aerospace and military applications, where cost was not a consideration. Now, carbon fiber is produced in large quantities, an assortment of forms, and utilized in a wide variety of industries. The increased production lowered the cost into a range suitable for residential, commercial, and industrial construction and restorations. Studies conducted over the last 20 years confirm that carbon is a strong, durable, and timely product. Carbon does not rust or mildew, nor is it susceptible to alkali deterioration. Once carbon fiber is encapsulated in an epoxy matrix its strength is locked in. It will not stretch, creep, or bend over time. Fortress Stabilization is committed to developing products with the performance characteristics of the material in a simple reliable application method is committed to developing products with the performance characteristics of the material in a simple reliable application method.
Engineered for complete success
The Fortress Stabilization System Advantages:
- Non obtrusive—lays flat to substrate
- Able to conform to bowed walls
- Mesh is fully encapsulated in epoxy, anchoring it in place
- Can be painted for a smooth clean look
- Quick labor saving installation
- Vacuum clamping system ensures regulated void-free bonding every time
- Clean-Peel backing strip provides clean-prepared bonding surface
- Pre-mixed toughened epoxy
- No destructive attachments made to the floor or ceiling